Hello and welcome!
Il cuoco frugale (Italian for "the frugal cook") is a pet project of mine, borne out of a creative roadblock I've been in for the past four years and a desire to explore, learn about and share my adventures in one of my great loves---food! Because I'm about to embark on a new chapter in life - one that will hopefully allow for more consistency and free time, but also less income - this seems like the perfect time for a blog about cooking, eating and drinking well on a budget.
My romance with food -- not just eating it but learning about it, preparing and cooking it -- came about during a semester I spent studying abroad in Turin, Italy (hence the inspiration for the Italian twist to this blog's title). I have always liked food. But in Italy, I learned to appreciate the importance of wholesome, pure ingredients. My experience in Italy helped shape my approach to food -- high quality ingredients, nothing artificial, and everything in moderation.
While this blog will likely be evolving over time, the intent is to share my adventures in all things culinary, with a focus (though not an obsession) on frugality. Please enjoy, share your thoughts, and visit often!
No comments:
Post a Comment